Happy Birthday Shannon!! I made this for Shannon as her birthday cake :) oh my goodness YUM!
Ingredients for Shortcake
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Fruit and berries
Ingredients for Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Using a large spoon, scoop batter onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet into 5 equal biscuits.
- Bake for approximately 20 min or until golden brown. Let cool before slicing in half.
- To make the coconut whipped cream, open the can of refrigerated coconut milk and pour out the water. Scoop the coconut cream into a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on high, whip the coconut cream, honey and vanilla extract for about 5 minutes until nice and fluffy :)
- To assemble, place half a shortcake onto a plate and top with a spoonful of whipped cream. Top that with lots of fruit and berries and more whipped cream. Finish with placing the top half of the shortcake leaning on the side.